MPH@GW is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University, which is ranked No. 14 on U.S. News & World Report‘s list of best graduate schools in public health (most recently ranked in 2015).
With classes developed and delivered by GW’s distinguished faculty, MPH@GW features the same rigorous academics and selective admissions criteria as the on-campus program. Through a blend of live online content, high-level collaboration with faculty and peers, and real-world experience, GW’s online MPH can prepare public health professionals to make a difference in global communities.
MPH@GW students benefit from:
- A dynamic virtual campus experience. Classes are hosted in weekly, face-to-face online settings that use video conferencing technology to create an intimate learning environment. Weekly sessions are supplemented by multimedia coursework completed throughout the week as well as familiar social interactions with peers and faculty.
- Demanding academic and admissions standards. MPH@GW students are held to the same selective admissions criteria as on-campus students and complete the same academically rigorous curriculum.
- Real courses delivered by real faculty. GW faculty members are distinguished leaders in the field, and they personally design and teach MPH@GW courses.
- Hands-on field placement learning. Students will complete a customized practicum field experience that is designed to build hands-on skills in their chosen career path.
|Total Credits||45 credits|
|Full Time vs. Part Time||Full-time and part-time paths are available. Additional accelerated program options are also available.|
|Time to Complete||Accelerated Program:
· 12-Month Program: Qualified students will complete a full-time course load during this intensive one-year program. Students will not be able to work.
· 18-Month Program: Qualified students will take accelerated coursework but may still work part time.Customizable Program:
· Full-time and part-time options are also available for two-, three- or four-year program tracks.
|Immersion/Placement||120-hour field practicum|
|Tuition||$1,660 per credit|
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute School of Public Health brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge needed to change the world. The school’s location in the nation’s capital provides students with access to key public health professionals in the classroom and in the field. Online students have the same opportunities as GW’s on-campus students; they are able to work or volunteer in agencies and organizations shaping public health policy and practice.
GW’s online Master of Public Health program emphasizes local, national and global health practice. The curriculum focuses on building the core competencies and skills health leaders need to tackle complex public health issues. In addition to offering core MPH courses, which focus on essential public health principles such as epidemiology, biostatistics, occupational health and public health policy, MPH@GW allows you to customize your curriculum based on your professional career aspirations. You can select from elective courses in:
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Global Health
- Health Communication
- Health Policy
- Program Planning and Evaluation
Courses are designed and taught by the same professors that teach on campus. GW faculty members bring a wealth of experience to the classroom and remain heavily active in research, outreach and training in the field of public health. The small student-to-teacher ratio (roughly 15:1) allows students to develop close relationships with these influential, Washington, D.C.-based health professionals.
- GPA: There is no minimum GPA requirement, although applicants should have a strong academic background.
- GRE Requirement: Applicants are required to have completed the GRE within five years of applying (waivers exist for students with graduate degrees).
- Work Experience: Work experience is not required, but it is helpful in the program.
- Additional Requirements: Applicants must submit an official transcript from all academic institutions attended, a statement of purpose, two letters of recommendation and a current resume or CV.
MPH@GW students can choose to complete the practicum component at a local, national or international organization. Working professionals with three or more years of public health experience may petition for a practicum waiver, or students can request to replace the field practicum with two additional electives.
Earn Your MPH Online in 12 Months. Request more information to get started.